Once upon a time, graffiti writers did not have a lot of options for markers and tagging tools. Rather than being able to buy custom products in stores like Art Primo, old-school taggers had to repurpose shoe-polish bottles into mops! While it is still good to be creative and improvise DIY tagging products, there are also some essential markers every graffiti artist should have on deck at all times. This handy list was created featuring the longest-running and best selling products from our site as well as the personal experiences of the AP team in the streets. Check it out!
5. AP Squeezer This metal tipped marker has a medium-weight plastic body that can be squeezed to release the weatherproof paint inside. Squeezer style markers are great for marking on dumpsters! The Art Primo Squeezer has a small nib that is very durable and works very well in small cutty spots. It comes in a lot of different colors from black to silver to neon green and more! Because the paint inside is very opaque, the AP squeezer can also be used to write on dark colored surfaces and stickers for an eye-catching bold effect.
4. Krink K-60 The Krink K-60 Marker is a squeezing drip mop that is popular because it comes in a wide range of colors. The K-60 is not full of paint, it is full of a long-lasting, opaque ink that will not crack or streak when applied to surfaces. These mops have 18mm "bingo dauber" type nibs. Krink is a longtime favorite graffiti brand known for its sleek packaging and durable products. Krink was started by Craig Costello in NYC.
3. Pilot Jumbo Pilot Jumbos are ICONIC. Pilot Jumbos have very durable felt nibs that work on a wide range of surfaces. The staining ink inside Pilot markers is extremely fade resistant and won't wash away or be easily buffed.
2. UNI Paint PX30 in Silver No list of top graffiti markers would be complete without mentioning the UNI Paint Marker in Silver. This imported Japanese marker comes filled with metallic chrome paint that outshines the competition. UNI Paint markers have replaceable nibs, too and the metal bodies are long-lasting. The UNI Silver writes smoothly over a wide range of textures and surfaces and pops on dark backgrounds... get up!
1. AP Solid Marker We hate to toot our own horn but seriously, it doesn't get better than the AP Solids! These industrial strength paint markers work underwater, at high temperatures, in the snow, on ice... you name it, the AP Solid can conquer it. Originally released in white, black, red, blue and yellow; this essential tagging tool is also available in green, purple, lime green, orange and most recently SILVER! If you are reading this article and you have not yet tried one of our classic Art Primo Solid Streakers, click over to our site immediately and get one... you'll wonder why you waited so long!
Thanks for checking out this post! Hopefully reading it reminded you of an old favorite marker or introduced you to a new one. Hit us up in the comment section and tell us about your favorite markers!