STICKERS

This is the forum for stencil artists,sticker heads and various other artists that don't do traditional can in hand graffiti.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by Keep the Faith Magazine
This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by Keep The Faith Magazine
Please support our fine sponsors

STICKERS

Postby ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:16 am

chances are that if you're serious into stickers you probably aren't here, but in case you are slapping them up or trying it out, lets get going on this thread. here's some that i made yesterday afternoon. (courtesy yet again to the US postal service for free labels). :D

ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE

Postby angel on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:36 am

nice stuff.. how much did it cost u? looks kinda pricy... yea?
angel

Postby Grover on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:47 pm

angel wrote:nice stuff.. how much did it cost u? looks kinda pricy... yea?

you can either go to the post office and grab a bunch for free, or go to the USPS website and get 500 sent right to your door (or someone elses door... or a PO box...) for just the shipping. They only let you order 500 at a time. I've got 1,500 and I don't even know why, I don't stick up that much... but hey, supplies are supplies. Oh, You can also get rolls of long DHL stickers, but they have this weird film on them that keeps paint markers and sharpies from writing on them. They are, however, good for stencils or print.
Grover

Postby Duke EeLLington on Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:19 pm

True. You can walk into any post office and grab handfuls of the priority stickers. UPS has really good thermal half page stickers. If you want to shell out monry, http://wwww.stickerguy.com is super efficient.

If you are into sticker art, check out these sites
http://www.woostercollective.com/
http://www.wearedodgeburn.com/
Duke EeLLington
Jungle VIP

Postby Soiled on Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:01 pm

Also,at Places Like Staples They have Whole Sheets ofSticker Paper you Can Obtain.
Soiled
VIP

Postby angel on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:26 pm

haha i knew that guys! i have a bunch of priority mail stickers myself haha!! what i meant is the designs look kinda pricey, like the rat and stuff.. anyone know how much it is and how its done? i cant really tell by the pix but it looks like the image was scanned then printed on, or something expensive lookin like that..
angel

Postby TASK on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:05 pm

not that i have any experience but would guess stencil, ink pad and roller or spraypaint would do the trick...but helll i could be wrong. he coulda craftily made the us postal stickers work on his hp printer.

so i would guess not that spendy.
TASK
at hand

Postby angel on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 pm

TASK wrote:not that i have any experience but would guess stencil, ink pad and roller or spraypaint would do the trick...but helll i could be wrong. he coulda craftily made the us postal stickers work on his hp printer.

so i would guess not that spendy.

:arrow: your prolly right
angel

Postby ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 pm

angel wrote:i cant really tell by the pix but it looks like the image was scanned then printed on, or something expensive lookin like that..

no this stuff is really simple. it can get as complicated as you make it though. i am also a graphic artist so most of the time i just design a vector image and print it, or scan in a little sketch of mine.

these are just images of animals, at super high contrast and cleaned up to make it into a stencil. instead of printing these and then cutting the stencil out of cardstock though, i was just using these as the image to print on the USPS stickers.

you can print anything on your computer on these stickers.

you can find some tutorials online for pc and mac but either way one of the easiest ways you can do it is:
- open up word (which almost everyone has)
- setup your page to be 4.5x5.25
- set margins to 0
- paste whatever image you want into the page and size accordingly
- print and viola.

you've got lots and lots of stickers very quickly. depending on what i want to do with certain stickers, i also get out my x-acto knife or scissors and cut around the printed image so that the sticker is actually the shape of the image rather than just a rectangle postal sticker. this just takes alot of time and energy if you're creating a lot of stickers.

it's a gerbil by the way, not a rat. :wink:

i'll post some pics of them out on the streets once i've gotten a bit more of the project done. i'm waiting on another 500 box of them from usps. they should be here in the next day or two.
ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE

Postby angel on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:16 am

Nice... so do u put the sticker itself directly into the printer or sort of attach it to a piece of paper then feed it through upsidedown?

haha my bad.. gerbil then..cant wait to see the flicks of it on the streets!
angel

Postby ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:52 pm

angel wrote:Nice... so do u put the sticker itself directly into the printer or sort of attach it to a piece of paper then feed it through upsidedown?

no need to attach them to a piece of paper... just put the stack of stickers directly in the printer, and then move the little plastic piece over to hold them in place. look closely at a printer and you'll figure it out. basically like printing envelopes. i'll take some pics if you need me to. give it a shot.
ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE

Postby (^ ^) on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Grover wrote:
angel wrote:nice stuff.. how much did it cost u? looks kinda pricy... yea?

you can either go to the post office and grab a bunch for free, or go to the USPS website and get 500 sent right to your door (or someone elses door... or a PO box...) for just the shipping. They only let you order 500 at a time. I've got 1,500 and I don't even know why, I don't stick up that much... but hey, supplies are supplies. Oh, You can also get rolls of long DHL stickers, but they have this weird film on them that keeps paint markers and sharpies from writing on them. They are, however, good for stencils or print.

Damn, i got that sh*t off the site too i got 500 stickers and then my other 2 orders never came so i tried going on my account again and it said my account has been locked its pissin me off too cuz i love these stickers and then i go to the post office and they look at me like im gona kill someone...
!??@#?!@#
(^ ^)

Postby narcoze on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:12 am

ATMOSTFEAR/MOKA_ONE wrote:
angel wrote:Nice... so do u put the sticker itself directly into the printer or sort of attach it to a piece of paper then feed it through upsidedown?

no need to attach them to a piece of paper... just put the stack of stickers directly in the printer, and then move the little plastic piece over to hold them in place. look closely at a printer and you'll figure it out. basically like printing envelopes. i'll take some pics if you need me to. give it a shot.
pics would be nice cause I almost pulled off a piece of my printer.
narcoze

Postby Grover on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:24 pm

narcoze wrote:

He's saying drop them in just like paper. Don't unpeel them, don't do anything, just put them in, move the plastic piece on your printer that tells it wha size the paper is, and print.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Grover

Postby narcoze on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

Grover wrote:
narcoze wrote:

He's saying drop them in just like paper. Don't unpeel them, don't do anything, just put them in, move the plastic piece on your printer that tells it wha size the paper is, and print.

danke schon
narcoze

Postby late_again on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:45 pm

i have never done stickers but a guy i bomb with just got into them. what he dose is makes a stencil and then hits it with a paint marker. he just dose a sticker of his crew throw-up. looks pritty tight when done and mad simple
I'm At Where Your Sister Went.
late_again

Postby FUNK on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:52 am

i love mah stickies :)
FUNK

Postby narcoze on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:54 pm

FUNK wrote:i love mah stickies :)
lets see em :)
narcoze

Postby /// on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:28 pm

Grover wrote:
narcoze wrote:

do you just put the stickers in,and the printer just finds where to print it or something
///

Postby narcoze on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 pm

/// wrote:
Grover wrote:
narcoze wrote:

do you just put the stickers in,and the printer just finds where to print it or something
just do exactly what he told me. :wink:
narcoze

Next

Return to GUERRILLA ART