revok

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

revok

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:11 am

Say goodbye to Revok for awhile. he was arrested last thursday. :cry:

INDIO, Calif. -- A 31-year-old Los Angeles man suspected of leaving his mark -- "Revok'' -- around the Coachella Valley during the last three

Coachella Music and Arts Festivals has been arrested at his house and is facing a vandalism charge.

The alleged tagger's habit of promoting himself on Web sites like YouTube helped investigators track him down, an Indio police spokesman said Sunday.

Jason "Revok'' Williams was arrested in Los Angeles Thursday morning, and booked on suspicion of vandalism in connection with tagging incidents over the past three years, incidents coinciding with the popular Coachella Festival.

Police had been searching for Williams since April 25, when a new round of tags were spotted, and they were able to get fingerprints and track Williams down through the Internet, said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.

"He kept showing up at the Coachella Fest and he kept tagging parts of our city,'' Guitron said. "No matter what you call it, it's defacing public and private property.''

Williams apparently had corporate sponsors who backed his efforts as cutting-edge artistic expression, Guitron said.

"He's considered to have great talent, but out here it's not accepted,'' Guitron said. "It's a lifestyle where they love to promote themselves. We saw some things on YouTube and other places. We were able to identify him that way.''

Guitron said other agencies are following up on the identification of "Revok'' and other tag identities Williams allegedly used. More charges in other jurisdictions may be forthcoming, Guitron said.

"Revok" is a prolific graffiti artist who also has a heavy presence on YouTube (see video below). As it turns out, the two might not go so well together. As KNBC reported here, Indio police arrested Jason Williams in Los Angeles last week on vandalism charges after they traced fingerprints from various tags and street art back to the L.A-based Williams. Most of the tagging in question apparently took place during the Coachella music festival.

Revok is not a small-timer. He appears in a number of online videos about graffiti, including at least one where he spraypaints a wall himself -- and others where he is interviewed and profiled as a well-known Southland graffiti artist. In this video interview, Revok says, "More than half my life now has been spent doing graffiti. I've gone to jail I don't know how many times, had people trying to kill me. There's really no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for that."

The graffiti in many of the YouTube videos is ornate and expertly rendered. Revok is clearly a talented artist. But ...

"No matter what you call it," an Indio police spokesman told KNBC, "it's defacing public and private property.''

For repeat offenders, felony vandalism (for damage greater than $400) is punishable by a jail term of up to one year, a fine of up to $5,000, or both. Not what you would call a pot of gold.
steezball

Postby GIA on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 am

Bummer dude. The internet's f*ckin' a lot of writers over now'a days.
GIA

Postby GABEMEDS on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:18 am

protip:
dont post your sh*t on youtube :P
mark'emup wrote:No matter what your mother says, you are worth a sh*t.

dotdotdot wrote:gabe is the god of the internet.

WELCOME BACK ZOMBIE AZMA
GABEMEDS
VIP

Postby GIA on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 am

And burn off your finger prints.
GIA

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 am

im not surprised...but that sucks.....posting ur sh*t on the internet will f*ck your sh*t up
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 am

im pissed tho. cuz there wont be any revok pieces for a year(if he pleads guilty which he most likely unfortunatly will cuz he showed his face while painting) and people already diss his stuff with gay tags so pretty much all of his stuff will be knocked out.
steezball

Postby .:MuNk:. on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:54 pm

damn this is all new to me
and it sucks

"most kings get their head cut off"
its a good quote for graff
im a mark
.:MuNk:.

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 pm

yeah it was to me too...we should have a news thread for stuff like this and bucket...
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:12 pm

i wasnt even suprised when bucket went to jail but revok is TSL. it sucks.
steezball

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm

steezball wrote:i wasnt even suprised when bucket went to jail but revok is TSL. it sucks.

i was more surprised to hear bucket fell off the bridge
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 pm

he didnt fall off the bridge.
steezball

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:19 pm

did he?
steezball

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby biz-one on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 pm

damn, thats hella whack sh*t...
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one
VIP

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:21 pm

bucket didnt fall off. it was someone else. re read it.
steezball

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

i just reread it...still sounds like its him..
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm

The accident comes about three weeks after prolific tagger Cyrus Yazdani — who goes by the moniker “Buket” — was arrested for causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in property damage.

bucket was in jail already.
steezball

Postby biz-one on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:05 pm

steezball wrote:The accident comes about three weeks after prolific tagger Cyrus Yazdani — who goes by the moniker “Buket” — was arrested for causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in property damage.

bucket was in jail already.

that doesnt mean he was in jail really, probolly, but he could have been free untill conviction.
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one
VIP

Postby steezball on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 pm

no, bucket was in holding immediatly.
steezball

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 pm

no streets,it happened after buket got arrested,but they let you out on bond so you dont really sit in jail till you have a trial and are convicted..with in 3 weeks of a vandalism arrest,im sure he was on the streets...it was buket,you are you so you dont understand how the jail thing works..he was out on the streets im sure....i know someone that got charged with 2nd degree murder,even he bonded out and was on the streets untill he was convicted in trial,trial generally takes around a yr after arrest...trust me

seriously street,dont argue,i understand how being arrested works
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Next

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC