Tutorial SuperThread

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Postby Sun on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:05 pm

If MacGyver did graffiti..
A nice sunny day to go bombin'.
[quote="Grover"]Blame me
Sun

Postby Soiled on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 pm

[quote="Wacko UTA Crew"]id rather buy female caps or just dont get painters touch..but i tell you what,that is one dope f*cking trick
FYI- Those Female Caps Don't Work On PT.
Soiled
VIP

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 pm

i know the ones on graff city or whatever dont but ive heard of some that do trying to locate them
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby Soiled on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 pm

It was Mostly For Fun.
But They're Actually Easy To make.
Soiled
VIP

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

it was deff dope
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby dotdotdot on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:58 pm

GROUND WRITER

1. get a normal water bottle with a twist cap.
not the ones you pull up and down.

2. fill it with your favorite color paint.
oil based rusto works really good.

3. get a thumb tack and poke the cap. make a hole.

4. keep the thumb tack in there until you want to do a ground tag.

5. pull out the tack and squeeze downward.

6. the only reason to unscrew the cap is too refill so keep it on tight.

and at night it just looks like your holding a drink.
dotdotdot

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:00 pm

come on now dot,you know u already posted this!! hahaha just f*cking with ya,posters with over 1000 can do what they want!! hahahahah
someone should make oone on here for splitting streakers so people will stop pm ing me to ask me how..(i know its on the ap site but i think we need one here with pics soiled style!!)
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby GABEMEDS on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:50 pm

INK MAKING 101
The other ink recipe threads are dying, and nobody wants to read through 10 pages to find what they want. Therefore I decided to start a new one. This thread is intended for those who don't know much about ink to start learning. I'm giving it my best shot to answer all of your questions.

Now, lets take a primer in Ink 101.

INK VS. PAINT
There's two main things you can use as a base for your recipe: inks/dyes, or bucket paint. Ink and bucket paint do not mix with each other.

If you're into getting custom colors that no one else has, get yourself some small containers of bucket paint. Two recommended brands are Rustoleum and One-Shot. While most people have heard of Rusto and know of it for its thickness, One Shot is less well known but has a lot of nice colors and comes out super glossy or metallic. Sign painters use it for their work; it's tough sh*t and it contains lead, so be careful. Bucket paint is not as permanent as a lot of inks, and really does not stain too well at all, but it usually will not weather away quickly and is still slightly hard to buff. Make sure you get oil-based. You can't put paint in most markers, so it's recommended that you put it in a mop, preferably a Kiwi. If you want more drips, be sure to thin out the paint with mineral spirits. Do NOT thin with xylene if your mop is plastic, as xylene eats plastic away.

Onto the inks. If you're into sh*t that stains hard, love the colors black and/or violet, and want your sh*t to last long and sink deep into the surface, this is the sh*t for you. Pretty much every ink is alcohol based, as is leather dye. Marsh ink is about the most well known in the US. In my experiences, it's not that much different from Pilot ink, though a little more expensive and slightly harder to buff (but it's not going to make much of a difference). Anyways, ink looks good on a wall, flows well through the marker, and is relatively hard to buff, but usually won't stain hard or leave a ghost. Now, on to leather dye. This is the sh*t when it comes to nice colors, leaving a nasty stain, and being some of the hardest sh*t to buff. So why don't you just use leather dye as ink and leave out the Marsh/Pilot ink? Well, truth is, it looks like f*cking water color paint when applied to a wall, and it doesn't flow as well. You gotta mix it with ink. Some popular brands are Griffin, which you can find at Walgreens, and Fiebing's. The hardest staining colors made by Fiebing's are violet and red. Be very careful when handling this sh*t - if it drips anywhere in the house, it's damn hard to clean off. Now on to brake fluid. Why do people use brake fluid in there recipes ? Brake fluid is corrossive and eats through paint and into the wall, kind of like what etch does to glass, except not as permanent. Anyways, it's good stuff. You can find it at Walgreens, also. Make sure you get DOT3 and don't add too much into your recipe.

Now, the recipes.

NUMBER ONE : HARD STAINING HOME MADE INK
Get a jar. Put in either Pilot ink or Marsh as your base, and add some Griffin, less than or equal to the amount of Pilot. Now get some Fiebing's leather dye, and add it to the batch, preferably red or purple, as they stain the hardest. Next, get some brake fluid, and give a generous amount - not too little, but definitely not too much as it will affect the flow. Mix that sh*t around. You can also try boiling them together and then using a thinner, as they'll thicken when heated. Personally, I've never tried heating / boiling any of my inks. If you want, you can try adding Gentian Violet or Methylene Blue (the additive[s]).

Next, put it in your marker. Let's pretend you have a Pilot, since they're the easiest to refill and one of the best markers around. Simply unscrew the top, and drop some ink in there until it's slightly overflowing above the cotton. Now, screw the top back on, open the marker and let the ink drop through the nib and land back into the jar. This will get the nib nice and juicey. You can also put this into a mop. This sh*t is going to stain hard and leave a ghost once its buffed, so the only way to really get rid of it is paint over it (and certain things just don't get painted over, signs for instance).

NUMBER TWO : HOME MADE KRINK
This ones for homemade Krink. Krink is a recipe made by KR from New York ; you can buy his sh*t off http://www.fourthehardway.com or get more info at http://www.krink.com . He charges 15 bucks ; if you want to know the exact proportions to the recipe, buy some and let the ingrediants settle over time and seperate. Anyways, this is some of the easiest sh*t to make yourself at home. First, get some Rusto Aluminum paint. Its nice and silver. Next get some Paint thinner. Mix it to whatever proportion you want - the more thinner, the more drippy. You can also add a little bit of brake fluid, for staining power, and aluminum dust for shines.

CHAPSTICK MARKER RECIPE
This is a recipe I typed awhile back in the Tools of the Trade thread.

[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/30857/p/586256_1848702380118416111_vl.jpg'>
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chapstick container.
- Pilot ink, or whatever you prefer.
- A candle and matches.
- A felt chalk board eraser.
- An eyedropper (comes with Pilot ink).

1. Get the chapstick container, empty out the chapstick and clean out the container.

2. Melt some wax into it from the candle, so that the bottom is sealed and won't leak any ink.

3. Put in your ink of choice with the eyedropper. i used pilot because it's cheap and flows fine.

3. Get the felt eraser. Rip off one of the strips. cut it about 1/4. Shove that bit into the container, just make sure you can get the cap back on.

4. Finally, get the eyedropper back out and drip some ink onto the nib until it becomes juicy. After that you're ready to go. When the nib gets dry, rejuice it with the eye dropper and ink.

RECIPIES.

1.PEN INK
by: Hint (Jet)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

pens (40 per 1/2 cup of alcohol, at Target they were 10 for $.35)
alcohol (at least 91%, at Target it costs $1.79)
measuring cup
bottle to put finished ink in (not pictured)

ok so get your pens ready, for this batch I used 90 black pens and 10 blue pens to make 1 and a half cups of ink. Normally I would use more pens but since there was a lot of leftover residue from my last batch of ink I used a litle bit less.
now measure our your alcohol and pour it into your jar. The ratio that I reccomend is at least 40 pens per half cup but you can do whatever you want
cut the pens about an inch below the tip, you can use scissors but it f*cks them up, I use wire cutters
you hold the tube up to a light, you can see that less than half of it actually has ink in it. cut the tube where the ink ends and toss the piece with the ink onto your jar, this saves space because if you don't do it, you won't be able to get all of your pens wet enough for the alcohol to suck out the ink.

this picture is a uncut tube next to the part of the tube that actually has ink in it.
pics for this recipes:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...l/DSC00198.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...l/DSC00218.jpg
there are more im just to lazy postin them
2.CARBON PAPER
Quote:
Originally Posted by djren
1.Get some Carbon Paper(it has to be the purple kind the black kind wont work), Scissors, and a paper to put the cut up pieces on.

2.cut a piece of the carbon paper into small pieces, then place the cut up pieces on the paper in the center.

3.place the cut up pieces on paper and pure them in a bottle like this one:

4.after u have put the pieces in the bottle, put gasoline/ lighter fluids and shake it until its purple.

(edited by smooth nuts this kid cant type for sh*t haha....i lefts out the last 2 pics because they had nothing to do with making the ink just how to fill up a "spray bottle"
haha)Posted by rogue
OUTDOOR STAINING INK

Any Color Woodstain- Oil based
Mineral Spirits
a few fish oil tablets

3.INDOOR STAINING INK

Red Fiebings
3 Fish Oil Tablets
Solvent Red 24
Red Pen Ink
And maybe a little alcohol if it's too thick
Blue Fiebings
3 Fish Oil tablets
Methylene Blue
Solvent Blue 38
Maybe some pen ink and alcohol aswell
4.GHETTO DED
1 bottle Fiebings Purple
1 bottle of Purple PVC Primer
Gentian Violet
3 Fish Oil tablets
And some Solvent Violet 8
5.Simple Ink
Mix 3/4 woodstain
3 drops dot 3 or fish oil capsules
1/4 Good Shoepolish (not Kiwi or some sh*t)
6.posted by:bizerk

ultra hard staining recipie

3/6
Oil stain
1/6
raven oil
1/6
wood stain
1/6
feibings or griffin leather dye or ridge ink.

with 1/2 potassium permanganate 1/2 black cherry coolaid powder as adative. half a bottle cap of each and 2 drops of fish oil..

7.Red paint mix
by: ???

you want one of these in any red color:

Make sure its Oil based and 8oz will do you(doesn't need to be the door paint either).

You need some of this:

It's super cheap, and you can the smallest amount you can find of any thinner.
Next you want this(OIL BASED!!):

In this color:
Red Mahogany 225

Finally, some of this:

Directions...
1.Take the full 8oz tin of the rusto oil based red and pour it into the empty
knob creek bottle(not all of it will come out, but thats ok).

2.Next take 1oz of the thinner(+/- .5oz) and put it into the rusto tin that
you just emptied. The will break up the paint that wouldn't come out.

3.Put 2oz of the Oil based Minwax red wood stain into the tin with the thinner.
Close the rusto tin tight and shake the sh*t out of it.

4.Open the tin and pour the new contents into the bottle of paint. Close the
bottle, and shake the sh*t out of it. Let it sit, and repeat.

5.Open the bottle and add 1oz of the Dot3 Break fluid(less IS more). Shake!

Thats it. If it's too thick, add .5oz of the Minwax wood stainer.
Consider this one... a freebie!

Good luck.
Junobo's mix is way better than this and worth the loot.
Oinks ink is ridiculously better than this mix, but it's not red... Yet.
DED... same thing.

8.GHETTO KRINK
2/3 OIL BASED bucket paint of ANY color.
1/3 Paint thinner

Ghetto Junobo Recipe Number ????

white oil based rusto
mustard powder
colord acylic painBlack Ghetto Garvey: stolen

Things you need:
Charcoal
Alchohol
Black Pens
Mixing container
coffee filter

-Go get some charcoal, REAL charcoal, preferably willow. Pinecones work too. Do not use BBQ charcoal, as it's mixed with sand, you're best option is to make it yourself, or go down to the beach, there's usually some driftwood with a thick layer of charcoal.
-Next you're going to need to break the charcoal into small peices and grind it up, a coffee grinder works well. Make sure it's a fine powder, use a pestle and mortor if you have to. (Pestle and motor is a bowl and round stick used in cooking certain cultural dishes... Or summoning dragons.)
-Alchohol, the higher percent the better.
-Pour the alchohol into a large container with a sealed lid, add more charcoal than you think you need.
-Shake as much as possible, let it sit for a while (a day if you can) and shake some more.
-Pour through a coffee filter into another container, and back through the filter into the original container. This takes out any insoluable charcoal.
-Test your ink.
-If it's decently opaque break open some black pens and get as much in there as needed, it should be as opaque as india ink. (don't worry it doesn't buff nearly as easy)
-Get some additives in there (fish oil, methylene blue, gentian violate(sp) etc.)
-If it's not very opaque (before the pens) add more powdered charcoal and repeat the previous steps as neccesary.

Tips: The longer you let it sit the better, warming the alchohol also helps to mix it, although. I don't suggest it, as some people in here may light themselves on fire.

This doesn't stain as hard as regular garvey, but it doesn't fade as easily in the sun. It also works a lot better than the original ghetto garvey (violet)
=================================================
LEATHER PAINT MIX

CREATOR: ???

First thing get your mop or ink. You can use this in a marker just depends if you want it to be thinner.

Get your thinner. I put it in a old water bottle. I should mark it before someone drinks the sh*t when there drunk one night. Makes it much easier to use.

The paint and Dye.

Your empty mop. Check the bottom of the page on where to buy. They are just like the KRINK 2 ounce bottles. Exactly the same. Same nib and all.

Ok now add your break fluid. Dont add to much cause if you add too much your Paink wont dry. Well it will dry but it will take forever.

Now get your paint. Use Acrylic. Paint from a rusto can or anything else really wont mix. Make sure you use a funnel so you dont waste paint or make a damn mess.

Fill up the bottle about 45% - 50%. If you want the Paink to be thinner add less Paint more Dye.

Now onto the dye. When you have decided on how much paint you want add your dye. I filled it up to the neck just for insurance reasons.

Now go ahead and ass your BB's or Ball Bearing. A nut will do just as well. Just make sure there clean or your sh*t will get clogged up. The bb's I have seem to work great since there small and can get all around the bottom and sh*t. Just put like 6 in.

Now shake it.

There is your finished product nice and clean!

Now for a little test. (The paint isnt to thick or to thin to me and drips like a mof*cker.)

=============
HAZE INK

color: black

1/4 coaltar 1/4 carbon, 2/4 solvent black dye
diluted 2/3 pigment to a mixture
1/4 Bitunol
1/4 Methanol
2/4 Isopropyl 99.99%
with 3ml of naptha
============================
do's and donts
---
NEVER ADD BLEACH
DO PUT BALLS IN
-------------------------
achoal ink and paint can mix together i tryed it and it does work i am not crazy either
-----------------------
INDEX

oink-hard staining ink made out of all chemicals

garvey-hard staining ink

ded-ink that comes in outdoors or indoors ink and comes in black white and red

zombie ink-zombie ink is a hard staining ink and it has another color to its orignal color

KRink-hard staining ink made with ingriedents and is top secret now kr is making paint KRink

junobo-oil based paint and latex base paint mixed together its like putting up acrylic ink
--------------------------------------------
MIXES

you can mix oink and garvey together and make a really hard staining ink

mix junobo with other junobo colors

etch bath mixed with garvey ink

pen ink mixed with black ghetto garvey
-----------------------------------------------
recipes from the first page
------

NUMBER ONE : HARD STAINING HOME MADE INK
Get a jar. Put in either Pilot ink or Marsh as your base, and add some Griffin, less than or equal to the amount of Pilot. Now get some Fiebing's leather dye, and add it to the batch, preferably red or purple, as they stain the hardest. Next, get some brake fluid, and give a generous amount - not too little, but definitely not too much as it will affect the flow. Mix that sh*t around. You can also try boiling them together and then using a thinner, as they'll thicken when heated. Personally, I've never tried heating / boiling any of my inks. If you want, you can try adding Gentian Violet or Methylene Blue (the additive[s]).

Next, put it in your marker. Let's pretend you have a Pilot, since they're the easiest to refill and one of the best markers around. Simply unscrew the top, and drop some ink in there until it's slightly overflowing above the cotton. Now, screw the top back on, open the marker and let the ink drop through the nib and land back into the jar. This will get the nib nice and juicey. You can also put this into a mop. This sh*t is going to stain hard and leave a ghost once its buffed, so the only way to really get rid of it is paint over it (and certain things just don't get painted over, signs for instance).
-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
bassicly at first i didnt feel like sharing my ink recipe with some 12 year old who never busted a tag but im bored so i dont give a sh*t anymore...
the be all end all of all inks:
take any solvent based ink...
griffin
marsh t grade and rolmark
feibings..... purple is by far the best.
flowmaster.
random leather dyes
nero
corio
pilot or omega
raven oil.
mix them all together, now get a pot you can ruin and slowly boil the ink, make sure you havent added anything to the ink yet.
stop boiling it before it turns into a paste.

step 2 with your new thick mix of inks add some petroleum distilates i use kerosine, but paint thinner will be fine.
add fish oil but not to much or your ink will never dry.

step 3 add blue and purple additive(like id let you know their chemical name) you dont need that much...this is the most important part.

stir and now fill your marker and have fun........
ok some of you swear by brake fluid i personlly think from my own experience that adding it doesnt help tags leave ghosts after being buffed but thats me, so if you think that sh*t works add it...........
now i will not explain what anything in hear is so if you dont know too f*cking bad and if you cant come up on additive too bad.
this ink is what kings use so if you dont know now you know nigga. your welcome

Stolen from 12. Oz
Last edited by GABEMEDS on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="mark'emup"]No matter what your mother says, you are worth a sh*t.

[quote="dotdotdot"]gabe is the god of the internet.

WELCOME BACK ZOMBIE AZMA
GABEMEDS
VIP

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 pm

wow thats one hell of a huge recipe list!!! thanks gabester!!
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby GABEMEDS on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 am

no worries.
ill find you handsome men and sexy ladies more tonight [nh]

WELCOME BACK ZOMBIE AZMA
GABEMEDS
VIP

Postby Fable... on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:07 pm

i made a marker out of a tic tac container i filled it with ded and its super wide...its pretty sick but i dont have a cap for it or any pics ill get around to i postin it soon
[quote="Fahout-Mist"]knowing fable, which i dont, his dads probably a multi-billionaire, outer-space cowboy, bullrider, and van gogh.
Fable...
VIP

Postby hollabackmexican on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:18 pm

haha gabe, bringin in the 12oz forums hahah
Do I sound mad? Well I guess I'm a little pissed
Every action has a point, five points make a fist
hollabackmexican

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm

f*ck the 12 oz forum...but that is a dope recipe list
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby GABEMEDS on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:55 am

[quote="hollabackmexican"]haha gabe, bringin in the 12oz forums hahah

f*ck them, I just steal flicks and recipes!

WELCOME BACK ZOMBIE AZMA
GABEMEDS
VIP

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:45 am

hell yeah...lol
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby biz-one on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 am

damn, ive never heard of that "ghetto garvey" sh*t... ive been lookin for a decent homemade black ink... i never thaught of using charcoal, ive only heard of pens, markers, and carbon paper.
but serously, some of those recipe's are whackkk... like that ghetto junobo... mix oil based paint, and acrylic paint together? WTF. thats just commen sense not to do that.
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 am

[quote="biz-one"]damn, ive never heard of that "ghetto garvey" sh*t... ive been lookin for a decent homemade black ink... i never thaught of using charcoal, ive only heard of pens, markers, and carbon paper.
but serously, some of those recipe's are whackkk... like that ghetto junobo... mix oil based paint, and acrylic paint together? WTF. thats just commen sense not to do that.

whys that common sense not to do that? it would work,just have to shake it up before use
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby OMH on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:54 pm

[quote="Wacko UTA Crew"][quote="biz-one"]damn, ive never heard of that "ghetto garvey" sh*t... ive been lookin for a decent homemade black ink... i never thaught of using charcoal, ive only heard of pens, markers, and carbon paper.

whys that common sense not to do that? it would work,just have to shake it up before use

If you shake it up a lot, otherwise it separates on the surface.
At least in my experimentations.
[quote="Duke EeLLington"]oh butt plugs!
OMH

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:22 pm

yes it seperates,you just need to shake it up well and put in mixing balls
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby MaC2o6 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 pm

does any1 have the gluestick tutorial? the vid on youtube sucked.
MaC2o6
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to SKILL SWAP