The TRIBUTE Thread

If its graff and on a wall. Then Its in here....

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by The Fame Game Clothing Company
This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by The Fame Game Clothing Company
Please support our fine sponsors

The TRIBUTE Thread

Postby skize1026 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I like to pay tribute a lot when I'm blackbooking it. Thought it would b a good idea to have a thread dedicated to tributes of any kind. Graff related tributes mostly.
Graff writers, crews, brands, etc. post ur flicks.
i love all arts but graffiti is my true passion.
skize1026

Re: The TRIBUTE Thread

Postby skize1026 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Haven't finished yet I need to go back but need more paint. Shepard Fairey OBEY Tribute.
skize1026

Postby biz-one on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 am

Shoulda went bigger, cut back on your outlines to make them more crisp, used the same colors that you did in the sketch (IMO), and also not made the arrows/extensions on the bottom that grey color cause it's hard to see against the color of the wall. Other than that, its good.

But why would you do an Obey tribute? Like what has he done specifically to deserve a tribute over countless other writers/artists?
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one
VIP

Postby skize1026 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 am

I did want to go bigger but I didn't have nothing to stand on but a stupid 10inch rock but either way I f*cked up from the start. I got some Montana cans and the cream one started clogging on me from the start n wasted a lot of paint just trying to get the damn paint to come out.

I actually wanted to change the brown on the sketch to cream because it resembles the actual obey colors better but I still wish it came out more like the sketch. I was frustrated when I was outlining cause the lines weren't coming as good ,maybe cause was buzzed a little haha

Thanks for the criticism biz

I'm not singling out Obey I just started with that one. I like to tribute to all writers that I like. I have way more I wanna start putting up. How about you?
skize1026

Postby Meanz on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 pm

i kind of like your style but its lacking something i cant put my finger on.. a tribute thread is a good idea. I would advise practicing painting straight letters and simples just to get the feel of it before you go full on piecing. Watch graff videos and study their techniques. Drawing with your markers isn't the same with a can of paint no matter how good you get
Meanz

Postby skize1026 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Meanz wrote:i kind of like your style but its lacking something i cant put my finger on.. a tribute thread is a good idea. I would advise practicing painting straight letters and simples just to get the feel of it before you go full on piecing. Watch graff videos and study their techniques. Drawing with your markers isn't the same with a can of paint no matter how good you get

Thanks for the critique as well
As of right now I know for sure painting with aerosol is way different to painting with a marker. I still remember holding a can n trying to piece after years of sketching. I felt like it was day one all over again but I know I've improved. I've been in the graff world by myself since I started out so I never got firsthand experience for techniques.
skize1026

Return to CONCRETE JUNGLE