Stencil Opinion

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

Stencil Opinion

Postby justanotherguy on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm not sure how kindly you all talk to this, but im attempting to blend two faces from opposite sides of the spectrum in a stencil. If you could offer any advice or honest opinions that'd be amazing. I'll take all the flaming you can throw at me as well.

Thanks

EDIT* take in mind this is just the first attempt at it without any serious time put into editing it.
anonymmos wrote:If you need photoshop to do your stencil then you aren't creative enough to do a stencil. Next people will be printing stickers and hiring Latinos to do throw ups for them.
justanotherguy

Re: Stencil Opinion

Postby Donnie Darko on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 am

First, You didn't need to make a new thread for this, there's a stencil thread you could have posted the same thing in.
Second, Advice, Clean it up, and make the two faces connect. so they look like one face( if that's what you're trying to do)
And a question. Is that Houdini and gandhi?
TheWhat wrote: 90s for life beyotch
Donnie Darko

Postby godless on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm

i think you need more detail. you want ppl to quickly identify the face in a stencil, not sit there staring at it trying to figure out why you melded al capone and orville redenbacher
ARMNhammer wrote:i come from a long line of bosses
godless
VIP

Postby justanotherguy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 pm

my apologies for not posting in the correct thread apparently. I didn't notice that there had already been one. But yes, i was trying to mold them together into one smoothly, but ahhh, its ghandi haha. I'll try to add a few more layers to it and clean up the lower half which seems to be the biggest issue. It looks just like a blob rather than any sort of facial feature
anonymmos wrote:If you need photoshop to do your stencil then you aren't creative enough to do a stencil. Next people will be printing stickers and hiring Latinos to do throw ups for them.
justanotherguy

Postby Donnie Darko on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Who's faces are they suppose to be?
Donnie Darko

Postby justanotherguy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Hitler and ghandi.
justanotherguy

Postby justanotherguy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I feel like the idea is there, but not put together well enough to be understood.
justanotherguy

Postby Donnie Darko on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Thats what i thought it was at first. on the hitler side, the mustache and nose need to be more distinguishably different
Donnie Darko

Postby justanotherguy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 pm

I'll work on it and post something again eventually. Thanks for the critiques
justanotherguy

Return to SKILL SWAP