Sighhhhh.....

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

Sighhhhh.....

Postby Der Konig on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:44 pm

I guess this is good in some respects that buisness owners won't get fined for graffiti anymore but MAN DO THEY CLEAN UP THE CITY FAST.

I throw up around a handful tags on my way home from work, on USPS Blue Mailboxes and various other electrical boxes around town. I go to work the next day at around 2:15-2:30 and half of them are gone and buffed out by the city. Like....wow what the f*ck?

Here is the article:

City officials are ramping up efforts to wipe out graffiti splattered all over buildings and residences throughout the area with an amendment to the graffiti ordinance.

City Councilors passed the amendment Tuesday, allowing the city to clean up private residences with the owner's consent.

Previously, residents and businesses were forced to pick up the tab to erase graffiti or face a fine, which City Councilor At-Large Paul [deleted] said was grossly unfair.

"Now, all the owner has to do is sign a waiver indemnifying the city to clean it up," he said. "It wasn't fair to penalize the victims."

An owner is given 10 days after notification by the city to clean up the graffiti or to sign a waiver to have the graffiti removed. Otherwise, they risk having their property declared a public nuisance.

The amendment was created to establish a program to remove graffiti from public and private property and to prevent the spread of graffiti vandalism. Under the program, [deleted] said city authorities are combining forces with the School Department, Inspectional Services Department, Housing Authority, Department of Public Works and Community Development to take action as a group rather than separate entities.

For the past two weeks, [deleted] said DPW crews have been out in full force around the city wiping out graffiti on underpasses and all sites reported to the department. A total of six weeks will be allotted to the cleanup.

While DPW is currently paying for the work out of its budget, [deleted] said the department is keeping track of costs to see how much it will cost to put a full time graffiti crew on the streets in the spring.

"We are getting any and all departments to the table to contribute money for the work," he said. "Each department pays a certain amount already for graffiti removal, so we are just looking to re-organize the money, not spend extra."

Work crews from the Sheriff's Department have reportedly promised two full days a week from community service groups to power wash and paint over graffiti.

The program is also working to promote education on graffiti by working together with School Committee members and School Superintendent Nicholas teach kids to respect other people's property.

Business owners are also being instructed to take a picture of the graffiti and immediately report it to the police.

"We're trying to promote graffiti awareness and keep a record of our performance as well," [deleted] said. "I think we can really make a dent in it if we're there full-time."

Under the amendment, any person found applying graffiti on public or private property is required to remove the graffiti within 24 hours after notice by the Inspectional Services Department or payment for the removal.

In the event graffiti is applied by an un-emancipated minor, the parents or legal guardian will be responsible for removal or payment for the removal.

Crowley said graffiti can be reported to the city's hotline at [editted]-[editted]-7099, prompt #8, where people can leave detailed information on specific street and road locations. They can also leave a phone number or can choose to remain anonymous.

Now, keep in mind after the published this article I thought whatever. Same anti-graffiti bullsh*t as usual. Nope. They are f*cking serious. The majority of tags that have been around here for years are gone. Places I tagged months ago are all cleaned up. While I'm all against people tagging or bombing on buisnesses or people's personal property......what the f*ck.....it's like a battle. I've put tags up in the same place 3 times this week and each time it's been buffed out.

They haven't hit up the train tracks and bridges there but come on......how are we supposed to express ourselves?
"You realize that there's no point in doing anything if nobody's watching."
Der Konig

Postby CO on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:16 pm

you could do one of two things,
go out 3 nights of the week.
catching maybe 100 tags a night.
and they'll get sick of cleaning it up
or let it dye down, and keep quite for a month, and see whats up then.
T.O.N.J. We're pretty dirty,
OG-APFS
conky wrote:I'm so glad I'm rich, you're life sucks.
CO

Postby biz-one on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:28 pm

3 nights a week? thats it?

try every night of the week.
6 out of 7, MINimum!
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.

conky wrote:$20 through paypal to the first person to shoot killinit. Dead serious.
biz-one
VIP

Postby Der Konig on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:08 pm

CO wrote:you could do one of two things,
go out 3 nights of the week.
catching maybe 100 tags a night.
and they'll get sick of cleaning it up
or let it dye down, and keep quite for a month, and see whats up then.

I doubt they'll get sick of it, it's become a paid position on the department of public works. I believe they'll also issue people forced to do community service to help with it.

I think I may just let it slow down for a bit and then pick it back up hardcore in december. It's not like I'm bombing walls with paint on the downtown......just making some nicer looking things around the city.

One thing though, they haven't touched slaps that have been put up all over the city.

Biz-one wrote:3 nights a week? thats it?

try every night of the week.
6 out of 7, MINimum!

Some of us have actually responsiblities in life. Graffiti isn't the biggest thing in most people's lives. Jobs, school, family, sports etc. I do enjoy seeing my tags and stickers up all over the city but not enough to devote 6-7 days a week. So please stop trying to sound cool, be realistic.
"You realize that there's no point in doing anything if nobody's watching."
Der Konig

Postby GIA on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Der Konig wrote:I doubt they'll get sick of it
cyberize wrote:why are you telling us this and not going out to mob the streets with them?
GIA

Postby biz-one on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Der Konig wrote:Some of us have actually responsiblities in life. Graffiti isn't the biggest thing in most people's lives. Jobs, school, family, sports etc. I do enjoy seeing my tags and stickers up all over the city but not enough to devote 6-7 days a week. So please stop trying to sound cool, be realistic.

i wasnt serious...
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.

conky wrote:$20 through paypal to the first person to shoot killinit. Dead serious.
biz-one
VIP

Postby SCOE on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:30 pm

this just means one thing
Bomb harder.
for every tag they buff, i want at LEAST 2 more.
get up higher and faster.
every tag is like a soldier. i want the biggest army there ever was
SCOE
VIP

Postby SAKE on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:00 pm

SCOE wrote:this just means one thing
Bomb harder.
for every tag they buff, i want at LEAST 2 more.
get up higher and faster.
every tag is like a soldier. i want the biggest army there ever was

Bomb bigger too!
Large pieces give the buff a hard f*cking time.
SAKE

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Bomb during the winter,whens it cold they will slow down till summer...also start going higher,go were they wont/cant
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby Ez8 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Wacko UTA Crew wrote:Bomb during the winter,whens it cold they will slow down till summer...also start going higher,go were they wont/cant

TRUTH

ALSO

BOMB 7+ DAYS A WEEK AND DROP DIMES ON YOUR ENEMIES
TEEM GOOMBA
THE BLACK CONFEDERATE
NC17 IS MY WAIFU
Ez8

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Ez8 wrote:
Wacko UTA Crew wrote:Bomb during the winter,whens it cold they will slow down till summer...also start going higher,go were they wont/cant

TRUTH

ALSO

BOMB 7+ DAYS A WEEK AND DROP DIMES ON YOUR ENEMIES

dont ever snitch..not even on your enemies...but what you can do is call the city and complain outbout there pieces so theyll be focusing on buffing ur enmies..you get what im saying?
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby GIA on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Exactly^
cyberize wrote:why are you telling us this and not going out to mob the streets with them?
GIA

Postby vice on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:54 pm

ehh, I wouldn't talk about it if I did do that.
godless wrote:we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice
VIP

Postby d4z3 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm

my school covers up graff so fast
someone tagged up some gang graffiti and by the next peiriod it was gone
APFS playa!

mark'emup wrote:graffiti doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to piss someone else off
d4z3

Postby TheMadUnit on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:41 pm

d4z3 wrote:my school covers up graff so fast
someone tagged up some gang graffiti and by the next peiriod it was gone

Thats pretty common.............
TheMadUnit
VIP

Postby Fable... on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:54 pm

write on teh big paper bulitin boards. cuz theyr not gunna replace the paper for one or 2 tags. one better thought ...keep it outa school, my art teacher said teh state tropper asked a bunch of ppl if they had seen this tagon students papers. i didnt see it tho my art teacher described it as a rly sh*tty throw and she couldnt read it. found out it says beat. the kid is hella toy.
moral of teh story, dont write in school teachers snitch like no other
Fahout-Mist wrote:knowing fable, which i dont, his dads probably a multi-billionaire, outer-space cowboy, bullrider, and van gogh.
Fable...
VIP

Postby d4z3 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

i dont write my name in skool and i dont doodle that much i usualy take a peice of paper and keep it under the school work to doodle on and after im done ill bring it home
APFS playa!

mark'emup wrote:graffiti doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to piss someone else off
d4z3

Postby GIA on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:27 pm

"You do doodle on da paypa!"
GIA

Postby d4z3 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:47 pm

GIA wrote:"You do doodle on da paypa!"

hellz yea playa
APFS playa!

d4z3

Postby Duke EeLLington on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm

This is the perfect opportunity to find cutty spots to do tags.
biz-one wrote:
Duke EeLLington wrote:Don't flatter him!
There is only one poster here who has my little heart.

<3 u 2 dukie
Duke EeLLington
Jungle VIP

Next

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC