Legal Q and A

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

Legal Q and A

Postby stitch on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

i know i'm not the only one who doesn't know his way through the slippery fingers of the law. i also know there are much more experience writers on here who do. This thread is for those of us with questions about laws and searches and what to do once you’re under arrest who need answers before we screw ourselves over.

I’ll start it off. Say you’ve been making stickers and posting them up around your school. No one has seen you do it, but everyone knows you’re the one making the stickers. Is it possible for the school to get you for some sort of legal repercussions? Same thing with actual graffiti. If everyone knows what you write, or they see some of your drawings, could you get in trouble?
bullets wrote:preparing to delete your internet

bullets
stitch

Re: Legal Q and A

Postby godless on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:05 pm

i'm not tryin to attack you here, but why the f*ck are you putting up stickers or doing any tagging at school. that is like the #1 rule of sh*t you do not do as a young writer. you might as well start taggin all you t-shirts
ARMNhammer wrote:i come from a long line of bosses
godless
VIP

Postby stitch on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:09 pm

point taken. Still wondering though, can you get in trouble? Also, let's broaden the category. You have a sticker on your backpack or some sort of bag you have with you. Yes, it’s a bad idea; no I don’t have any on mine. Can you get burned for that? Like, let’s say the cops do search you. They pull out your blackbook and find some pieces in there that you’ve done on a wall. Can you get burned for that?

bullets
stitch

Postby Nib Eater on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 pm

stitch wrote:point taken. Still wondering though, can you get in trouble? Also, let's broaden the category. You have a sticker on your backpack or some sort of bag you have with you. Yes, it’s a bad idea; no I don’t have any on mine. Can you get burned for that? Like, let’s say the cops do search you. They pull out your blackbook and find some pieces in there that you’ve done on a wall. Can you get burned for that?

someones been arrested..
Nib Eater

Postby stitch on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 am

Nib Eater wrote:
stitch wrote:point taken. Still wondering though, can you get in trouble? Also, let's broaden the category. You have a sticker on your backpack or some sort of bag you have with you. Yes, it’s a bad idea; no I don’t have any on mine. Can you get burned for that? Like, let’s say the cops do search you. They pull out your blackbook and find some pieces in there that you’ve done on a wall. Can you get burned for that?

someones been arrested..

been searched. they never found the markers. 8)

but seriously. can someone answer the above stated?

bullets
stitch

Postby roostervacuum on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 pm

it gets deep quick. not sure how it is most places but in sacto years ago if they caught you once they could get you for wherever else they saw your name.
one of my best friends got nabbed about 14 years ago and they tagged him for all the spots his name was. he ended up with a PO and a list in our apartment of people that weren't allowed at the house. most of the list was comprised of real names but about 10 were just writer aliases. I was one of them and I lived there so obviously I had no blackbooks there and had to doodle other things.

good tip is to use a "legal name" to practice with and blackbook and keep the real on lock.
roostervacuum

Postby Gone on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 am

If a cop asks to search your bag, can't you just refuse him that right? :?
Here today Gone tomorrow
Gone

Postby godless on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:32 pm

if he has probable cause he can search you, your belongings, your car, etc
godless
VIP

Postby Sm. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't know what the f*ck you b*tches are talking about but nut up an blast a cop in the face. Then write on him with a sharpie magnum.
Sm.

Postby godless on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Sm. wrote:I don't know what the f*ck you b*tches are talking about but nut up an blast a cop in the face. Then write on him with a sharpie magnum.

no street cred for you
godless
VIP

Postby Sm. on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 pm

What's a street cred does that take cash or debt?
Sm.

Postby AZMA on Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 am

bro super funny gifs in your sig dude
AZMA
VIP

Postby Sm. on Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks broski.
Sm.

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC