Handstyles

If its graff and on a wall. Then Its in here....

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by The Fame Game Clothing Company
This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by The Fame Game Clothing Company
Please support our fine sponsors

Handstyles

Postby tagaholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 pm

all the threads seem to just be about peices and throws and i think that the first thing we learn in graff should be shown too
tagaholic

Postby Start Over on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Start Over

Postby tagaholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:24 pm

i allready kno about that
tagaholic

Postby dotdotdot on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:52 pm

blah blah blah.
Last edited by dotdotdot on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dotdotdot

Postby Start Over on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:39 pm

tagaholic wrote:i allready kno about that

And your next sentence is going to say something about how you quit writing it of respect and that's just an old picture, right?
Start Over

Postby tagaholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 pm

haha f*ck no i was gonna say i respect him but ima keep writting it, im not gonna stop just cause u say so, i feel it so ima keep it
Last edited by tagaholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tagaholic

Postby tagaholic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:03 pm

and its not an old picture i took it 2 days ago
tagaholic

Postby Start Over on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:51 pm

So you're going to "respect" a dead writer by continuing to write a name that he made famous.

This is one of those times I really wish I could just reach through the screen...
Start Over

Postby tagaholic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:11 am

did u kno him or somthin cause ur makin a big deal about this and i dont see why. he passed away in the 90's and now the letters S O P E are off limits to everybody. im not gonna get mad about u trying to threaten me cause i kno how it feels to have a friend that passed away...
tagaholic

Postby late_again on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 am

tagaholic wrote:did u kno him or somthin cause ur makin a big deal about this and i dont see why. he passed away in the 90's and now the letters S O P E are off limits to everybody. im not gonna get mad about u trying to threaten me cause i kno how it feels to have a friend that passed away...

i dunno if he knew him or not, thats irrelavent. the point of graff is to get up off your own. i think thats what hes talking about her. even if the guy passed 30 years ago, or yesterday, its still the name deal. If REVOK died tomarrow his name wouldnt be free in 10 years. Im not trying to start any waves here, im just saying that graff is art, and art is the expression of yourself. and in that respect, even useing an old name is biteing...and disrespectfull...thats all im saying.
I'm At Where Your Sister Went.
late_again

Postby tagaholic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:27 am

ok then, i like that answer better then "i wish i could put my hands through the screen" :D
tagaholic

Postby dotdotdot on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:54 am

umm my pic is up there too........

hello?

anyone?

i feel ignored. :cry:
dotdotdot

Postby tagaholic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:57 am

haha I like the clouds
tagaholic

Postby dotdotdot on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:01 am

thanks!!

why arent you at school :evil:
dotdotdot

Postby tagaholic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:01 am

haha cause i got suspended for fighting :D
tagaholic

Postby dotdotdot on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:03 am

oh thats bad.

im about to leave.

i got a report in 1st period.

didnt feel like doing it.

so imma show up during 2nd period. :lol:
dotdotdot

Postby Start Over on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:03 am

tagaholic wrote:did u kno him or somthin cause ur makin a big deal about this and i dont see why. he passed away in the 90's and now the letters S O P E are off limits to everybody. im not gonna get mad about u trying to threaten me cause i kno how it feels to have a friend that passed away...

Okay, I'm going to guess you've been writing for what, a year maybe, right? And I'm guessing you got into graffiti on your own, with no older writers to bring you up the right way, right?

I'm not going to say that's an excuse, but I can understand that maybe some of the "unwritten" rules might not have been passed to you. When a writer (especially a highly respected writer like SOPE) passes away, his name is off limits for all time. No one will care if you write OPES or PEOS or EPOS or any other combo of those letters. But writing SOPE is no different than writing DREAM or DONDI; it just isn't right.

I wasn't trying to threaten you with that comment, I was expressing my frustration at one of the limitations of the internet. Talking sh*t on a forum like I'm going to somehow kick your ass is retarded. I doubt I'm ever going to meet you, and I sure as hell am not going to waste my time looking for you. When I was coming up, young kids acting stupid got set straight with a punch to the jaw (and I got punched on more than one occasion), and that's something you just can't do on the internet. That frustrates me sometimes.

Bottom line? Do your thing, but do it with a new name. SOPE deserves more respect than that.
Start Over

Postby The PEELER on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 am

tagaholic...nothing will stop you from remaining a toy if you are using a name that someone has repped big. Though I know you feel the name, you just were'nt first with it...I'm sure you have some skill, so just change it up man...it will be better for you in the long run
The PEELER

Postby late_again on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:40 am

i think for arguments sake it should be stated that its not uncommon to see more that one writer with the same name. However they are usually far apart (like maybe one of um from spain and the other from canada) and they are alive at the same time.
I'm At Where Your Sister Went.
late_again

Postby tagaholic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Start Over wrote:

Okay, I'm going to guess you've been writing for what, a year maybe, right? And I'm guessing you got into graffiti on your own, with no older writers to bring you up the right way, right?

I'm not going to say that's an excuse, but I can understand that maybe some of the "unwritten" rules might not have been passed to you. When a writer (especially a highly respected writer like SOPE) passes away, his name is off limits for all time. No one will care if you write OPES or PEOS or EPOS or any other combo of those letters. But writing SOPE is no different than writing DREAM or DONDI; it just isn't right.

I wasn't trying to threaten you with that comment, I was expressing my frustration at one of the limitations of the internet. Talking sh*t on a forum like I'm going to somehow kick your @$$ is retarded. I doubt I'm ever going to meet you, and I sure as hell am not going to waste my time looking for you. When I was coming up, young kids acting stupid got set straight with a punch to the jaw (and I got punched on more than one occasion), and that's something you just can't do on the internet. That frustrates me sometimes.

Bottom line? Do your thing, but do it with a new name. SOPE deserves more respect than that.

ive been wrtting for about 2 and a half years but i started when it was in the summer 5th grade so that doesnt realy count.. i had an older writter to help me(he was 12 :D ) that i had known since i was real young but he died when i got to 6th grade so i been alone since then.
tagaholic

Next

Return to CONCRETE JUNGLE