cops talked to me, property owner might press charges

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

cops talked to me, property owner might press charges

Postby sssk on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 am

i was out minding my own business tonight and the cops picked me up and told me they had reports of a dude dressed like me tagging an alleyway. they saw me checking out a tag and thought it was me who wrote it. i do write, but i was just pissed because someone else was using my name, and their tag was fresh-still wet paint.

so the cops take me to their car and sit me on the bumper, and pulled my cans out of my pocket and bag. the owner of the property im accused of hitting came over and identified me. cops let me go without arresting me or charging me with anything, but warned me that im a suspect and the property owner might wanna press charges. dude straight up saw me, probably had the opportunity to get me arrested right then and there. should i be worrying or is it probably nothing?
sssk

Re: cops talked to me, property owner might press charges

Postby AZMA on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 am

You'll be fine as long as you deny everything, deny deny deny.
AZMA
VIP

Postby sssk on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:16 am

cool, will do. my question is though, dude could have completely just gotten me arrested then and there, but instead i'm a suspect now? why didnt he just get the handcuffs slapped on me and call it a night?
sssk

Postby resk on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm

idk, maybe they cant because they didn't see u in the act.
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
Soul brother # 1+1....gettin' fed like where drugs & guns come from.
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby AZMA on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:01 pm

It's because you're probably a minor and holding you in contempt for something you might not have done isn't worth the headache of your parents screaming their heads off down at the station. He legally could have held you if there was an eyewitness that saw you there, but graffiti is really f*cking hard to pin on someone that's smart about it. Anything graffiti you have in your house, store it at your boy's pad for a month or two. If you have no friends or don't trust anyone, burn all your books and sketches. They might pull you out of school one day to bring you down to the station for a lineup with the eyewitness picking you guys out. Even if he picks you out and says he saw you do it, deny. Deny deny deny deny deny don't take any deals.
AZMA
VIP

Postby Influx on Thu May 24, 2012 7:11 pm

AZMA wrote:It's because you're probably a minor and holding you in contempt for something you might not have done isn't worth the headache of your parents screaming their heads off down at the station. He legally could have held you if there was an eyewitness that saw you there, but graffiti is really f*cking hard to pin on someone that's smart about it. Anything graffiti you have in your house, store it at your boy's pad for a month or two. If you have no friends or don't trust anyone, burn all your books and sketches. They might pull you out of school one day to bring you down to the station for a lineup with the eyewitness picking you guys out. Even if he picks you out and says he saw you do it, deny. Deny deny deny deny deny don't take any deals.

truuuue i got picked up once and they found loads of markers on me just denied it said it was for canvas work and characters that was really into. Only reason they detained me was becuase a girl i was walking with had weed on her... i got let go like 2 hours of getting traded between hot cop cars and grilled about telling the truth. the girl got charged i was let go. so.... deny deny deny
Influx

Postby NP... on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I wouldn't worry if the other writer was using a different color than you were carrying.
NP...

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC