cops searching you

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

cops searching you

Postby narcoze on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I was wondering if a cop could just go through say, your backpack if you're just out on the street even if they don't have proof of you having done anything?
narcoze

Postby GIA on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:35 pm

If they have a reason to suspect that you got something you shouldn't have then yes.

Example 1: You're riding a bike around at night with a bag on your back and you get stopped by the fuzz. The copper says that they received a call saying that someone had seen you catching some tags. They now have reason to believe you might have graffiti tools in your bag therefore enabling them to search you.

Example 2: You're riding a bike around at night with a bag on your back and you get stopped by the fuzz. They stop you because it's late out and for the most part no one else is out so they ask you what you're still doing out. You make up some bullsh*t excuse and then he proceeds to lecture you about how "only cops, drunks and criminals are out at this time of night". "I know you don't fall under the first category and I hope you aren't one of the other two." He then tells you to go home and drives off. You didn't give the po-po any reason to assume you had anything in your bag that should concern him so he couldn't search you.
GIA

Postby late_again on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Cops LOVE searching you basic on the "just cuz" rule.

"why are you searching me?"
"just cuz" :D

if your in NYC they have the "not so random search" law that basicly means you can get searched for steping with your left foot first
I'm At Where Your Sister Went.
late_again

Postby narcoze on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 am

hmmm alright so I can't use some amendment? :P :?
narcoze

Postby crimpDWPK on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm

i think its f*ckin bs but hell they got the badge not me hah.
run....if ur underage, if ur not then jus act cool.
Oregon is the sh*t. Northwest for life.
crimpDWPK

Postby SKi on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:03 pm

THIS VIDEO WILL SAVE YOUR ASS LEARN GOOD FROM IT I SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR IT!!!!!1 SCHOOL UR SELF GOOD! it saved my ass and it can save urs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
SKi

Postby two_rich619 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 am

1st, if ur not undr age, no cops cant search u unless they have u n cuffs. Thats only if ur walking, riding a bike, etc... if ur n a car, they can search u whether u consent 2 it or not...check out this site on how 2 deal wit cops...its got vids & basic laws, how 2 act on the street, @ the station, court...
http://www.a2planet.com/guide/work/index-revc.html
two_rich619

Postby GIA on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:34 am

This must vary from city to city like the trouble at school thread.
GIA

Postby isweatkrylon on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:46 pm

dude, that vid is 45 minutes long
DeBT
DRO
DRON
isweatkrylon

Postby .:AROSER:. on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:10 pm

IM FROM THE 303 COPZ ARE GAY UP HERE CUZZZZ
''PAINTING IS AN ADDICTION"
.:AROSER:.

Postby Silent on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm

narcoze wrote:hmmm alright so I can't use some amendment? :P :?
if your under 16 all you have to say is your name and your age and nothing else,dont get paranoid
GABEMEDS wrote:i want to throw things at him.like bricks and sh*t
Silent

Postby SKi on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:26 pm

late_again wrote:Cops LOVE searching you basic on the "just cuz" rule.

if your in NYC they have the "not so random search" law that basicly means you can get searched for steping with your left foot first

lol very true
SKi

Postby MENT1 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:09 pm

SKi wrote:

lol very true
that sucks, anyone no about california
MENT1

Postby two_rich619 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 am

MENT1 wrote:
SKi wrote:

lol very true
that sucks, anyone no about california

CALI: 4m wut i heard, they cant search u nless they have probable cause if ur on foot. in a car...ur f*ckd, they can search evn if u dont consent. in skool, they cant search u but a skool official can. thats like the basic...
two_rich619

Postby Sun on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:00 am

GIA wrote:If they have a reason to suspect that you got something you shouldn't have then yes.

Example 1: You're riding a bike around at night with a bag on your back and you get stopped by the fuzz. The copper says that they received a call saying that someone had seen you catching some tags. They now have reason to believe you might have graffiti tools in your bag therefore enabling them to search you.

Example 2: You're riding a bike around at night with a bag on your back and you get stopped by the fuzz. They stop you because it's late out and for the most part no one else is out so they ask you what you're still doing out. You make up some bullsh*t excuse and then he proceeds to lecture you about how "only cops, drunks and criminals are out at this time of night". "I know you don't fall under the first category and I hope you aren't one of the other two." He then tells you to go home and drives off. You didn't give the po-po any reason to assume you had anything in your bag that should concern him so he couldn't search you.

So what if I'm riding my bike at night with a backpack, and a cop rolls up and says ''We had someone call in this neighborhood that there are some people out around here doing (insert any crime here besides graff), so I need to search you."

So he searches you and finds paint, caps, respirator you know the usual stuff. At that point can he turn his suspision into one of graffiti and start a topic about that? (Now that i think of it this question seems kind of dumb.. but just making sure)
A nice sunny day to go bombin'.
Grover wrote:Blame me
Sun

Postby two_rich619 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 am

Sun wrote:So what if I'm riding my bike at night with a backpack, and a cop rolls up and says ''We had someone call in this neighborhood that there are some people out around here doing (insert any crime here besides graff), so I need to search you."

So he searches you and finds paint, caps, respirator you know the usual stuff. At that point can he turn his suspision into one of graffiti and start a topic about that? (Now that i think of it this question seems kind of dumb.. but just making sure)

they can arrest u on suspicion of vandalism. but w/o "real" evidence that u did NETHNG, they cant charge u. prosecutors r the 1s u need 2 worry bout...check the site out 4 ways out of things
http://www.a2planet.com/guide/work/index-revc.html#421
two_rich619

Postby MENT1 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 am

hey sun you cant ride a bike or a skateboard. jkjk
MENT1

Postby Jerrey on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:50 pm

SKi wrote:THIS VIDEO WILL SAVE YOUR @$$ LEARN GOOD FROM IT I SPENT HOURS LOOKING FOR IT!!!!!1 SCHOOL UR SELF GOOD! it saved my @$$ and it can save urs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Yeah that video is the sh*t. It is really good. Tells you everything you need to know.
"T-REX" -SW-
Jerrey

Re: cops searching you

Postby CEAS on Wed May 07, 2008 12:53 pm

narcoze wrote:I was wondering if a cop could just go through say, your backpack if you're just out on the street even if they don't have proof of you having done anything?

one time that happend to me and luckly i dident have my graff sh*t becuz some times if something in the aera happins like some ones house gets brokin into then its just there job to random serch possable suspects

i dont think of it as an ass hole cop just there job

outher times i say thos markers and cans are for doing graff

thay just said just dont let me seee any stuff around hear handed me back my stuff and sent me on my way
i dis like art
CEAS

Postby Dogpupkus on Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm

If he does suspect you of bombing, couldn't you deny it and get away since he has no proof it was you?
Dogpupkus

Next

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC