CANVAS

This is the forum for stencil artists,sticker heads and various other artists that don't do traditional can in hand graffiti.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by Keep the Faith Magazine
This Art Primo Forum is sponsored by Keep The Faith Magazine
Please support our fine sponsors

CANVAS

Postby fourtwofive on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 am

Talk About Canvas's here.(how to,pictures,Discuss)
one of my dad's canvas Image
Ketchup And Pennies. You Know.
fourtwofive
VIP

Postby fourtwofive on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:26 am

bump cause you guys suck :evil:
fourtwofive
VIP

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:13 am

well we had a f*cking canvas thread before,but someone erased it...
Last edited by Wacko UTA Crew on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby mark'emup on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 pm

YEAH and it sucked MAJOR ass, because I was looking for it for f*cking ever!!! Here's your damn bump! sike. lol. Just finished this;

64x52 mediums; enamel spray paint, enamel paint, acrylic paint, latex paint, oil bars, ink, chalk, sawdust, and plastic.

mark'emup

Postby Angel_13 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm

damn, i like it
"Cops didn't see it...I didn't do it!"
Angel_13

Postby cyberize on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:17 pm

ARMNhammer wrote:haha cyber you rule

cyberize

Postby dazey on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:43 pm

that 2pac one was sick as sars !
its art NOT vandilism
dazey

Postby fourtwofive on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Wacko UTA Crew wrote:well we ad a f*cking canvas thread before,but someone erased it...

ass
fourtwofive
VIP

Postby fourtwofive on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:13 pm

banksy canvas
fourtwofive
VIP

Postby GOSTE on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:33 pm

banksys f*ckin sick..
GOSTE
VIP

Postby mark'emup on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:44 am

GOSTE wrote:banksys f*ckin sick..

warhol was spray painting cardboard cut outs on canvas, before cornbread picked up a can, before basquiat and herring were defacing the subways, and sorry, that is just print art, just like warhol. might as well be a soup can, the whole 'man behind the idea' art was soooooooo 1965. sorry, but its true, doesn't make his art 'bad', just played out as sh*t.

you see If you didn't go to art school, then you never HAD to do PRINT and STENCIL art for projects, required of you to graduate. Most 'artist's' have little to no respect for print and pop art. If you love the man behind the idea, then the artwork has value to you. I personally dont fapp over banksy.
mark'emup

Postby Der Konig on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:26 pm

fourtwofive wrote:Image
banksy canvas

f*cking awesome. He never fails to disapoint.
"You realize that there's no point in doing anything if nobody's watching."
Der Konig

Postby Der Konig on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:27 pm

mark'emup wrote:
GOSTE wrote:banksys f*ckin sick..

warhol was spray painting cardboard cut outs on canvas, before cornbread picked up a can, before basquiat and herring were defacing the subways, and sorry, that is just print art, just like warhol. might as well be a soup can, the whole 'man behind the idea' art was soooooooo 1965. sorry, but its true, doesn't make his art 'bad', just played out as sh*t.

you see If you didn't go to art school, then you never HAD to do PRINT and STENCIL art for projects, required of you to graduate. Most 'artist's' have little to no respect for print and pop art. If you love the man behind the idea, then the artwork has value to you. I personally dont fapp over banksy.

It's more about the message than anything else. Almost all of his messages are deep and mean something. I hate how it's popular but damn man, how can you not fap over some of his prints?
"You realize that there's no point in doing anything if nobody's watching."
Der Konig

Postby mark'emup on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Der Konig wrote:It's more about the message than anything else. Almost all of his messages are deep and mean something. I hate how it's popular but damn man, how can you not fap over some of his prints?

yeah I get and respect the message ...... on the streets, but once you put the 'message' on canvas and sell it for 125k $$, your exploiting the people that you are telling the message for, the ones that are being hurt.

The only difference between warhol and banksy is the fact that warhol profited by exploiting trust fund kids by humulating them sexually on film. That is something I can almost agree with. He didn't poke the finger at innocence and take money, he pointed the finger at stupid, rich americans.
mark'emup

Postby vice on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:52 am

Warhol had this huge cult of personality built up around himself though. Banksy is anonymous. I don't think there's much of a comparison.
godless wrote:we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice
VIP

Postby mark'emup on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:50 am

vice wrote:Warhol had this huge cult of personality built up around himself though. Banksy is anonymous. I don't think there's much of a comparison.

Actually he's not "anonymous", sure, only his camp knows what he looks like, however your comment proves their similarity even more. something else I had not put together. I will reapeat your statement;

Banksy has this huge cult of personality built up around himself.
mark'emup

Postby wecametofight on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:33 pm

mark'emup wrote:
vice wrote:Warhol had this huge cult of personality built up around himself though. Banksy is anonymous. I don't think there's much of a comparison.

Actually he's not "anonymous", sure, only his camp knows what he looks like, however your comment proves their similarity even more. something else I had not put together. I will reapeat your statement;

i wish i had a huge cult of personality....it'd be nice to sell some damn paintings..
i have a sh*t load of canvas paintings....
"Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In"
wecametofight

Postby vice on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:26 am

mark'emup wrote:

I guess you're right in a way. Banksy is definitely famous and rich... and he's a household name in the Western Hemisphere basically.

I just think Warhol sucked, and Banksy doesn't. That's really the basis of my opinion. Hah.
godless wrote:we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice
VIP

Postby mark'emup on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:36 am

vice wrote:.....I just think Warhol sucked, and Banksy doesn't. That's really the basis of my opinion. Hah.

That I will agree with, 100%. When people think of warhol they think tomato soup or marylin monroe. When people think of banksy they think of a black and white rat or a orange prisoner. I personally think his work is better than warhols, but you absolutely have to agree with the fact that much of their work is very similar. warhol took classic icons and tweaked them, as does banksy.
mark'emup

Postby d4z3 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 am

mark'emup wrote:The only difference between warhol and banksy is the fact that warhol profited by exploiting trust fund kids by humulating them sexually on film. That is something I can almost agree with. He didn't poke the finger at innocence and take money, he pointed the finger at stupid, rich americans.

wait what?
APFS playa!

mark'emup wrote:graffiti doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to piss someone else off
d4z3

Next

Return to GUERRILLA ART