Armour Etch?

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

Postby GABEMEDS on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:27 pm

heh
mark'emup wrote:No matter what your mother says, you are worth a sh*t.

dotdotdot wrote:gabe is the god of the internet.

WELCOME BACK ZOMBIE AZMA
GABEMEDS
VIP

Postby vice on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 am

Wacko UTA Crew wrote:truthfully,i skip most of his posts...

you are a stronger man than I.
godless wrote:we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice
VIP

Re: Armour Etch?

Postby REIM_NT on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS CHEMICAL MIXTURE INDOORS (unless area is properly ventilated) THE FUMES CREATED WHEN MIXED WITH METAL ARE TOXIC! When handling the mixture, rubber gloves, safety goggles and a respirator are highly recommended!

METAL ETCH RECIPE:
You will need the following
- 70% solution of Chloric Triphosphorus (in liquid form)
- Plastic container and a metal pot that the plastic container could fit in *optional
- A standard 12 V, 40 Ah Lead-acid car battery *optional
- Rubber gloves, safety goggles, respirator, apron (recommended)
- A plastic mop with tons of extra tips
- Some heavy duty garbage bags (contractor types work fine)
- Roll of paper towels

Lay out some of the garbage bags in your work area and have a bunch of paper towels ready. In case of an accident, DO NOT dump this mixture down your drain as it will RUIN your metal pipes. Just soak it all up w/ paper towel and dispose of in garbage bag. You can actually use that 70% (you can even use a higher %, but it really makes no difference) solution of Chloric Triphosphorus in your mop directly but it won't give you that rust effect on the metal that forms the next day.

To get that rust effect, you need to get that battery acid involved. I won't go into detail about how to get the acid out of the car battery (I believe it can be used/un-used although I'm not 100% sure) but you can figure that out yourself. You only need about a 90% (Chloric Triphosphorus) / 10% (Battery Acid) mixture. Adding too much battery acid will actually weaken the effect. Pour the mixture into the plastic container and then submerge the plastic container into a pot of boiling water to heat it up. DO NOT pour the mixture directly into the metal pot for obvious reasons. Let it cool and dump the mixture into a mop. This mixture works on all types of metals w/ different effects on different types (of metal.)
"Keep a clean hand, and a full can"
REIM_NT

Postby vice on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 pm

so many kids are gonna get f*cked up.
godless wrote:we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice
VIP

Postby REIM_NT on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:01 pm

:lol: :cry:
"Keep a clean hand, and a full can"
REIM_NT

Postby Shaolin Ups on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:15 pm

If I wore gloves, would the etch burn threw like a ciggarette ? or could I have time to rip the glove off and throw it ?
Shaolin Ups

Postby resk630 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:25 pm

haha. i would erase that post....and i dont know why so many kids wanna f*ck with etch...just use some good ol paint markers or paint filled mop and when it gets buffed redo that sh*t.
www.myspace.com/worduphiphop
SCOE wrote:yo resk, wanna have a slumber party?

BAVER wrote:What the f*ck? Does getting heated about whites make you literate?

oaktownshine wrote:aint no niggas on this planet earth that listen to that.
resk630

Postby SENTONE on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Shaolin Ups wrote:If I wore gloves, would the etch burn threw like a ciggarette ? or could I have time to rip the glove off and throw it ?

no it wont
LiveLifeLootin wrote:ZEBCREW 4 LIFE

RIP ANGEL DOV.
SENTONE

Postby vice on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Etch will do nothing to plastics, that's why you put it in plastic markers.
vice
VIP

Postby Shaolin Ups on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:50 pm

vice wrote:Etch will do nothing to plastics, that's why you put it in plastic markers.

I thought... etch and plastic was a no no...

Well i'm putting it in a 15 valve system marker. If I thin it down with what you told me to vice, will it flow threw the nib ? Or am I better off using a mop ?
Shaolin Ups

Postby vice on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 pm

mop.
vice
VIP

Postby Shaolin Ups on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

vice wrote:mop.

It won't burn threw ? the only chance of gettting it on me is while filling it, and the drips or over squeezing ?
Shaolin Ups

Postby vice on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN PUT ETCH IN IS PLASTIC.

You should probably research this sh*t before you use it. Seeing as it can cause cardiac arrest.
vice
VIP

Postby Shaolin Ups on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:13 pm

vice wrote:THE ONLY THING YOU CAN PUT ETCH IN IS PLASTIC.

You should probably research this sh*t before you use it. Seeing as it can cause cardiac arrest.

I know, I'm not trying it until I get the facts about it. Thats why I've been asking so much about it. I racked 2 bottles and don't wanna burn my f*cking hands off.

If you do, could you post a pic of etch in a mop ? Cause You must have one if you know all of this.
Shaolin Ups

Postby vice on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:17 pm

dude, you mix it and put it in a mop.

I don't have one to take a pic of.
vice
VIP

Postby Shaolin Ups on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:22 pm

vice wrote:dude, you mix it and put it in a mop.

I don't have one to take a pic of.

I was just curious man. I found a pic of etch bath in a mop, its all brown and sh*tt like sh*t haha.

I'm gunna slap on a bandana, go outside and mix this sh*t in a water bottle. One last question, you said red wine would work best, right ?
Shaolin Ups

Postby vice on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:51 pm

..no. ?
vice
VIP

Postby SENTONE on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 pm

i got etch in my mini crusher
LiveLifeLootin wrote:ZEBCREW 4 LIFE

RIP ANGEL DOV.
SENTONE

Postby gnashgfx on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm

vice wrote:Etch will do nothing to plastics, that's why you put it in plastic markers.

Although it works on plexiglass.
gnashgfx
The Regulator
The Regulator

Postby STARK517 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 pm

I wish I still had it so I could take a pic...

But back when I did detail work at a car dealership...

With the cars, they'd sell this additional anti-theft package where you'd buy a specific code that we'd etch onto your windows. Basically, the code was on this piece of blue tape with little holes/cuts where the text was, and we had this etch cream that you'd roll over the aforementioned tape, let sit for a minute or two. Rip the tape off and the number was etched onto the window.

I used to rack that sh*t by the boxful and tear up windows wherever I went, and left lasting etches that I still see around whenever I go back home. The sh*t tingled a little bit if you got some on your skin(washed off extremely easily), but nothing CLOSE to the horrors of the etch we all know and love(hate?). it came in like little 3 oz. bottles in a marker type thing similar to the drip mop mini's.

So if I were a writer looking for some decent NON hand deforming etch, I'd try to find a friend who works in the detail section of a new car dealership.
STARK517

PreviousNext

Return to SKILL SWAP