some body help me

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

some body help me

Postby quest on Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I need some advice....I have a project coming up where I'm painting a multicolored mural on a 30x60ft brick wall, but I dont know how much spray paint that I will need for the job. The picture is a pro bono piece for the residents of my city Pontiac MI that hasnt been doing so good since the fall of the automotive industry. So, I'm trying to inspire people to look inside of themselves and see their own creativity...Somebody help me. :D
quest

Re: some body help me

Postby Influx on Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 pm

buy lower then what you think you might need then go buy more im sure after going thru a can or 2 your relize how much you need... also im sure you could figure it out with that math thing
Influx

Postby quest on Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 am

thanx
quest

Postby godless on Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 am

Influx it's wrong. Buy more than your estimated need. This way you don't run out of paint in the middle of the job, which wastes time and makes you look unprofessional. Also having extra paint is never a bad thing, as you can always go out and destroy the city with your leftovers
ARMNhammer wrote:i come from a long line of bosses
godless
VIP

Postby quest on Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm

I tried to buy just a little and play with the paint to see how much it would cover and it had taken the majority of the can to just fully cover one area....crazy, dont want to give up but I think I should stick to the brush for this project....I need to block in large areas quick and then be able to come back and shade.
quest

Postby SCAIR on Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

if you need large areas filled in with solid colors you could try bucket paint and a roller, then come back and go ontop of it with some spray paint for shading
conky wrote:I support period blood tags, keep on keepin on.

biz-one wrote:undercover is like underwater, people drown underwater, dolphins cant drown, I am a dolphin
SCAIR

Postby erum on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 am

Hi there,

Great advice thanks! Just trying to track some down in the uk atm, not having too much just yet.
erum

Postby biz-one on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 am

What kind of paint are you using? You gey what you pay for. A $1 can of walmart black might only cover a 4x4 foot area cleanly but a can of rusto will easily cover a 6x6 foot area.
godless wrote:this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

Coffee wrote:I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one
VIP

Return to SKILL SWAP