Armour Etch?

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

Re: Armour Etch?

Postby SENTONE on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

i know what your talking about
LiveLifeLootin wrote:ZEBCREW 4 LIFE

RIP ANGEL DOV.
SENTONE

Postby Shitbird5000 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 am

REIM_NT wrote:WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS CHEMICAL MIXTURE INDOORS (unless area is properly ventilated) THE FUMES CREATED WHEN MIXED WITH METAL ARE TOXIC! When handling the mixture, rubber gloves, safety goggles and a respirator are highly recommended!

METAL ETCH RECIPE:
You will need the following
- 70% solution of Chloric Triphosphorus (in liquid form)
- Plastic container and a metal pot that the plastic container could fit in *optional
- A standard 12 V, 40 Ah Lead-acid car battery *optional
- Rubber gloves, safety goggles, respirator, apron (recommended)
- A plastic mop with tons of extra tips
- Some heavy duty garbage bags (contractor types work fine)
- Roll of paper towels

Lay out some of the garbage bags in your work area and have a bunch of paper towels ready. In case of an accident, DO NOT dump this mixture down your drain as it will RUIN your metal pipes. Just soak it all up w/ paper towel and dispose of in garbage bag. You can actually use that 70% (you can even use a higher %, but it really makes no difference) solution of Chloric Triphosphorus in your mop directly but it won't give you that rust effect on the metal that forms the next day.

To get that rust effect, you need to get that battery acid involved. I won't go into detail about how to get the acid out of the car battery (I believe it can be used/un-used although I'm not 100% sure) but you can figure that out yourself. You only need about a 90% (Chloric Triphosphorus) / 10% (Battery Acid) mixture. Adding too much battery acid will actually weaken the effect. Pour the mixture into the plastic container and then submerge the plastic container into a pot of boiling water to heat it up. DO NOT pour the mixture directly into the metal pot for obvious reasons. Let it cool and dump the mixture into a mop. This mixture works on all types of metals w/ different effects on different types (of metal.)
LOL. GOod joke I did dAT AND IT Hurt my eyes with the GAS
hardrok wrote:I'm gonna kick your ass gabe
Shitbird5000

Postby Kno One on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:07 pm

use white vinegar to thin it out NOT PAINT THINNER!!! vinegar is much more stable

DONT USE ETCH UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOIN.. Chemicals burns arnt fun..
Kno One

Postby Plank. on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Stop bumping dead threads.
I don't write you vandals.
Plank.

Postby monkey suite on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Like I said b4 just use rocks...
monkey suite

Postby Influx on Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 pm

rofl battery acid and boiling water!!!
Influx

Etch Bath user questions...

Postby marks on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Right now im using a k60 mop w/ no regulator spring filled w/ mainly EtchBath plus a little bit of ArmourEtch cream for better adhesion. & while it's working well, im looking for improvement...

Regarding Etch, What mops (or other applicators) do You use w/ good results? Unless the Etch fries the hairs, im kinda wondering if mohair would be a better route to go??? like an AP Cutty mop or 005 Soultip? <Comments?
(i prefer smaller nibs on mops just for the sake of versatility: i can carry around & write in more spaces w/ a k60 than a 001 Soultip)

Also, Do you mix your EtchBath w/ Armour cream? If so, what ratios are working for you? Im trying to find the perfect mix for both good flow plus smooth & consistent lines that still slightly adhere to the glass or metal. I'd prefer using only EtchBath in my mop for the sake of thinner/easier flow, but it seems to kinda bead on the glass & not adhere or write as smooth/consistent unless i thicken it w/ a little ArmourEtch cream, but this slows the flow & affects drips. *Of course, this could be due to the k60 & Drip Mop Mini mops that im currently using. (?)

Any knowledgeable recommendations &/or comments on the topic are greatly appreciated! if you dont use etch, spare me the comments unless of course you know what youre talking about: There's already enough misinformation regarding Etch. (btw i've already seen the circulated pic of the hand w/ firework burns :D)

-Thanks!
marks

Postby AndersHolmvick on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

i usualy put it in like puff paint squeezers just straight armour etch
Sun wrote:Wait in the bushes with a knife

graffer23 wrote:can u guys put differnet labels on packages just in case someone goes through my mail?

NeirOne wrote:How about you eat my asshole?
AndersHolmvick

Previous

Return to SKILL SWAP