831 Central Cali Legal Art Walls!

discuss the phenomena that is graffiti and how it relates to the law and our modern society

Moderators: ARMNhammer, Soiled, vice, Duke EeLLington, FFarg, MaC2o6

831 Central Cali Legal Art Walls!

Postby Coozer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Im trying to show city officials in the 831 that we want legal graffiti walls to practice the craft and show our talent to more people. If you agree with this Idea plz like our facebook page 831 Art Walls. Before you trolls start posting remember that not all graffiti writers write for the same reason. You have your motivations of trashing sh*t, or showing your peers you're a bad ass or maybe just being defiant and that is fine with me. Continue to bomb the city. But I write for art and art only. If I have nothing to express except my handstyle then I wont even bother because I dont write for a name I write to show my creativity and show that Graffiti is an art medium more than it is vandalism. If you support please show your support here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/831-Art-W ... 79?sk=wall
Coozer

Re: 831 Central Cali Legal Art Walls!

Postby godless on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm sure that your local administration will totally change their opinion if they only saw how ppl on the internet feel. also legal walls do not decrease vandalism, if anything they increase it by encouraging 10 year olds to come down and write on sh*t.

I was going to delete this topic, but I think I'm going to let it run so that other users can come in and tell you how this campaign of yours will not succeed. I hope you've copypasta'd this to other graf forums so that more ppl can tell how misguided this is.
ARMNhammer wrote:i come from a long line of bosses
godless
VIP

Postby Coozer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:46 pm

I dont remember saying that I was trying to curb graffiti in my town. Im only trying to get graffiti legal in places that already are covered in graffiti anyways. I want to open up the minds and imaginations of individuals like yourself to see art in a different way because the arts are ailing in my community and its very hard to find an outlet where we can express ourselves. I doubt these walls are misguided, and Im sure with some regulation they will succeed. Thank you for your opinion though. Always good to know how the other side is feeling on the subject. :)
Coozer

Postby godless on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:36 pm

i'm definitely not of the "other side" i'm just trying to point out that if you go "check deez free walls dawg dey da bomb cuz lil niggaz won't be all graftagbombin yo walls no mo werd up MSK TKO4LYFE" that the city council or whoever will will just laugh you out of the town hall meeting
ARMNhammer wrote:i come from a long line of bosses
godless
VIP

Postby Yoru on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 am

It's alot smarter of an idea to BUILD A BRICK/CINDER BLOCK wall in your OWN backyard and paint on THAT...it's your property and you can do whatever you dame well wish with it. PLUS, there is already a general idea that a legal wall will just bring more graffiti to the surrounding walls anyway because stupid kids be stupid and think they'll go across the street and "bombz dat dare wallz cauz it b the ills spot 4 teh bAdazz th0wupz"...

And from my understanding, if the only place they ever see your name is on legal walls they'll trounce your stuff something hurtful...and/or rob your pant one day while you're not paying attention...
dotdotdot wrote:why would anybody sig this quote?

conky wrote:It's funny how the only spam on this forum is fake Nikes and high dollar prostitution.
Yoru

Location: Look up on top of that building...that's me on the ledge.

Return to GRAFFITI,THE LAW,AND THE PUBLIC